LAST UPDATED: 8 June 2018
Sipara Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with number 07354374. Our registered office is: Rochester House, Eynsham Road, Oxford, OX2 9NH. We are the ‘data controller’ of any information provided by visitors to our website and our clients.
What information do we collect?
You may give us your personal information when you contact us by telephone, email, letter or using a form on our website.
We may also ask you to provide us with personal details such as your name, email and postal addresses to help us improve the services we offer to you. We may use this information to notify you of relevant updates, events and related services. This may include sending you copies of publications specifically requested by you or which you have indicated may be of interest and informing you of services and products available from us.
You can request a copy of the personal information we hold in relation to you by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is securely stored on our servers and/or hard copy files under our control. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification or unlawful destruction. All employees and any third parties we engage to process your information are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your information.
Retention of your information
We are required to keep your information for a certain period. This period will depend on precisely what information we hold about you. Please see contact us at email@example.com for further details of our data retention policy.
We may use information held about you for our legitimate interests which include all or some of the
- to provide you with our services and perform any contract between us;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel
may interest you;
- to notify you about changes to our services; and
- to ensure that content from this website is presented in the most effective manner for you and
We would like to send you information by post, email or telephone about products or services, which relate to the services we provide you and which may be of interest to you.
We also give you the option to subscribe to updates when you fill out the relevant form on our website. If you have agreed to receive marketing from us, you can opt out at any time.
See below for furtherinformation on your rights.
Disclosure of your information
We do not sell, rent or otherwise distribute any personal information to third parties except in the following circumstances:
- we may pass your details on to our agents and service providers so that we may provide our services to you;
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our clients will be one of the transferred assets; or
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and The Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. If you have provided consent for the processing of your data, you have the right (in certain circumstances) to withdraw that consent at any time which will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent was withdrawn. You can withdraw this consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also have a right to:
- request a copy of your information;
- correct any mistakes in your information;
- ask for your personal data to be erased;
- restrict processing;
- request data in a machine-readable re-useable form; and
- object to data processing.
Please note these rights are not absolute and on occasion these rights may be overridden by our need to comply with our legal obligations.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights, please:
- email us at email@example.com;
- provide us with proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill); and
- let us know what right you are exercising and the data to which it relates.
Links to Other Sites
Right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you complain to us and you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). This link will take you to the ICO’s website: https://ico.org.uk/
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries in relation to your rights.